Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Why Shouldnt Buy A Tv Superbowl

Anguish 2.0

I am writing this reflection because guilt will not leave me alone. Part of the problem is that I am very inflexible and blindly believe in a code of conduct. On the other hand I find it hard to adapt in a time when adaptability is vital for survival. I tell

quickly. On my birthday (December 20) received over 400 messages, both on Twitter and Facebook, as well as in my mail from Gmail and the University of Costa Rica (and some cell phone text messages). Imagine what a wonderful reach age 50 receiving many good wishes and congratulations. I decided the least I could do was answer them all, without thinking how long I could take on this task. It turned out that lasted approximately 5 hours, spread over two days, answering messages. I did it really tastefully, without thinking of the time it took me and really grateful for the expressions of affection and, in some cases, solidarity for coming, as I told a friend at the age from which we begin to glimpse the mountaintop.

But if a birthday before a date so close to other festive dates somehow always been a special situation for me (which receive a single gift for birthdays and Christmas is just a part of history), with 2.0 coming of age thing has become really dramatic. He had not finished answering the birthday messages when it began a string of equally poignant messages wishing me a happy Christmas and a Happy New Year. But for those times when time was short and the possibility of returning to sit 5 hours to answer the message received was not feasible (dining, shopping, preparing trip to the beach, in short, all those things that concern us these days) . At first I decided to try to answer some from the phone, which is quite laborious for those born with ten thumbs. But I moved like I wanted, so that messages are piled up in all my virtual containers, causing increasing anxiety.

finally decided to abandon my goal to answer before going to the beach all messages received so far (and hopefully the start of the holiday would lower the rate at which messages received) and to postpone any activity up to Potrero. But the truth is that once seemed to be beyond reasonable mo miss the sun, the sea breeze, the pool, heavenly sunsets and especially the infinite enjoyment of my grandchildren to sit and reply to messages, even when out at night with a beer and good music. So I could not answer many.

And now that I returned to San Jose there are things pending, initiate projects, responsibilities to bear. And then I am filled with anguish 2.0, the combination product this facility we have now to express our best wishes and distribute, with a sense of responsibility tells me I should sit down and answer each and every one of those who sent me a message for the holidays. But I concluded that the situation passed me and there's nothing I can do to catch up, unless the purpose of not letting the messages accumulate to me next year, or change my birthday to a particular date minus .

In any case, and to appease my conscience I decided to write, to tell every one who sent me a message that not having answered not a product of nature but an ungrateful disordered, which is not indifference, indiscipline. But I thank you deeply for the good wishes for me but especially for my family. And all they want for me and my family will get you a thousand times, because if you took the time to send these messages is that they deserve. A hug to everyone and really, at heart, thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment